Isabella Nelli

Isabella+Nelli

What is the charity you chose to represent?

The American Heart Association. On December 6th of 2020, I woke up to the horrible news that my father had a heart attack. After this, our family changed our whole lifestyle of eating as well as many other things. Along with my father, my Nonno has had 4 heart attacks and 2 strokes as well as my Pop who unfortunately passed away due to a heart attack. Heart disease is something that my family has struggled with which is why this charity is so important to me.

Why do you best represent Washington Township?

I am very involved inside and outside of school. In school, I am part of many clubs, I am in multiple honor societies, I am part of the WTHS music program, and I am a 3rd year captain on our school’s gymnastics team. Every day, I try to inspire others with a positive attitude with all that I say and do.

What is your favorite pick-up line?

“I’m lost! Can you give me directions to your heart?”

If you could pick anyone besides yourself to win, who would it be?

Kathryn Kim. Kathryn is the type of individual who always puts others before herself. She is a leader who never fails to do the right thing. Kathryn is kind, caring, and helpful to all people she encounters. She inspires all of the individuals she is around on a daily basis through her words and actions.

Favorite food:

My new favorite food are Poke bowls! They are sushi bowls, and they are so delicious! If I picked something from my Italian family heritage, it would be Pasta Carbonara. That is another one of my all-time favorites.

Favorite movie:

The Parent Trap! It is a classic and there’s nothing better than sitting on the couch with my mom and watching our all-time favorite movie together!

Favorite music artist:

Morgan Wallen. I love all his music and it is my favorite to listen to in the car, working out at the gym, or any time.

What TV show/movie character are you most like?

To be honest, I do not watch a lot of TV or movies due to always being very busy. If I had to choose one that I am most like, it would be Boo from Monsters Inc! When I was younger, I had bangs and pigtails just like her, and that is why my family calls me “Bella Boo”.

What is your go-to Wawa order?

Usually a grilled cheese, a stuffed jalapeño cheese pretzel, and a green tea.

If you could give yourself one superpower, what would it be?

To grow taller! I would love to see the world from the perspective that everyone else sees it from.

What has been your most embarrassing moment at WTHS?

When my shoe fell off in the hallway and I walked barefoot through the school.

If you could change one thing about the world you live in, what would it be?

I think it would be difficult to change one thing about the world we live in. If I could narrow it down to a few, I think it would be to have all people treat others with kindness and to have everyone lead every day with a positive mindset. In today’s world, all people do is act negative and many people do not treat others with much respect.

What advice would you give to underclassmen about high school? About life?

One piece of advice that I would give to many underclassmen regarding school (even though this sounds so cliché), is to get involved in as many things as you can. School is more fun and enjoyable with the more things you keep yourself busy with! And by getting involved, you expand so many amazing friendships. I would also advise all people to act as if nobody is watching and be your full authentic self. Don’t change who you are for other people!

What are your plans and goals for after high school?

Go to a four year college and be on a team for gymnastics. I am not completely sure what I would like to major in, but I cannot wait to see where I can go from here.

What teacher or faculty member has made the biggest impact on your high school career?

Mrs. Molotsky. She is always encouraging not only me, but also my classmates to be the best versions of ourselves. She always asks how I am doing and how gymnastics is going. I am so lucky to have Mrs. Molotsky as my teacher. Special thank you to Mrs. Mason, Miss. Molloy, Mrs. Comer, Mrs. Pinder, Mrs. Ackley, Madame Hudak, Mrs. Bogacki and many others for all they have done to lead me through my high school experience!

Who in your life has had the biggest influence on you?

My mom, Susan, is my #1 supporter and my inspiration. She reminds me to always do my best and even corrects me when I am wrong. My mom is truly my best friend that I could go to for anything. I love you, Mom!

What is one thing you cannot live without?

My friends and family. My family is so important to me and always push me to be the best version of myself. My sister and my best friend, Angelina, are my support system and provide me with the best advice. I could not be more thankful to have them in my life.

What is something about you that most people do not know?

I used to play soccer and softball before I gave those sports up to focus on gymnastics full time.

Describe yourself in three words

“Tiny but Mighty!”

If you had to give a 20-minute presentation on a topic of your choosing, what would it be?

My family in Italy and their lives. My family lives in a tiny town named Bomba, Abruzzo on the top of the mountain, and their lives are so simple. I love it there.

What has been the best part about being on the Homecoming Court?

Homecoming Court has been such an amazing experience so far and I’ve had so much fun with the nominees and escorts! The best part about being on Homecoming Court is seeing everyone so happy for one another and supporting each other through this journey and process. I love the bond we all have together, and I can’t wait to see how we will continue to grow!