Pasta, music, and sports

Raymond Wos Jr. '16

The weather cooperated to create a relaxing atmosphere for the first fall Pasta Party.

Walking onto the 11/12 soccer field after a long afternoon of practice, the Washington Township High School fall sports teams and marching band gathered together for a beautiful afternoon of games, music, and pasta. The first fall pasta party consisted of every fall athletic team involved at Washington Township High School, as well as the Minutemen Marching Band. The teams gathered on Sep. 12 after practices ended.

The pasta party served up an assortment of food and activities, because what better way to get the school together then with food and music? Pasta, salad, and a variety of drinks were available to all attendees, and students participated in a variety of activities. Students played frisbee, football, tennis, soccer, and other fun games. The Marching Band performed a variety of stand tunes during the party and the sky stayed clear while hundreds of students enjoyed the day.

The Pasta Party gave gave athletes and band members a chance to bond with each other.
Raymond Wos Jr. ’16

“It was a great way to get everyone together and meet new people; I thought it was a lot of fun. It was also nice to be able to sit and relax and eat after practice with all of my friends, Cross Country Runner Megan Kenderdine ’17 said.

The event entertained a number of students, and gathered all the athletes together, which is a unique and rare occurrence.

“It was cool to see how many people were involved in activities this season and to get to spend time with all different groups of students, Marching Band member Emily Faust ’17 said.

The party lasted a few hours, even though the majority of the pasta was consumed within minutes by hungry teammates. D.J. Mr. James Donato played music under the awning and tables were set up around “the hill” for places to relax and eat.

“It was cool that all the teams could come together, and such a fun event was organized and able to be held,” field hockey player Casey Spencer ’17 said.

Soccer players enjoy the comraderie at the first pasta party.

After each team arrived and sat down to eat, many students met new people from other teams and had plenty of time to socialize and hang out with friends. An intense ultimate Frisbee game and a co-ed soccer game were the highlights of the day.

“I really got a chance to connect with other students, and I found out that we all have a lot in common, no matter what sports team or activity you are a part of,” Gabby Irwin ’18 said. “ We all know what it’s like to be a part of one, and it was cool figuring that out by meeting other athletes.

Organizers hope to make this an annual event and continue the new tradition for years to come.

“Overall, I thought it was a great day and it was a really good way to gather everyone together, and I mean, who doesn’t love pasta.”