Best of the best

Mike Renzulli

An often asked question, by his students, for Eppolite was what was his inspiration for teaching.

He replied, “I had a slew of inspirational teachers and I also felt I could do the job very well. I always had teaching in the back of my mind as well as coaching.”

He ended up attending Ramapo University in northern New Jersey. He then proceeded to attend graduate classes as well to obtain his master’s degree. Eppolite was very motivated and dedicated to becoming a teacher. He is now a very tenured teacher at WTHS, being with the school for years and running very successful classes.

Eppolite teaches the best of the best of history students in the high school. He teaches both AP and Honors courses. Why he enjoys teaching these very high octane classes; he said, “I enjoy to work with kids whom are very motivated to be successful.” He felt as if the kids he sought to teach were to act as mature teenagers who show a high level of respect and that were very dedicated towards his class and school. He wanted to teach kids who showed signs and common character that himself presented, as  Eppolite always looked for students to demonstrate the common character that he illustrates in the classroom each and every school day.

Teaching at the high school level isn’t easy and is usually not very envied by fellow teacher whom teach at the collegiate or younger levels. However, Eppolite always desired to teach at this age and at the high school level. The reason for this was, “I thought the kids at the high school level were easy to get along with and were very easy to relate too.” He also felt the maturity level was very high, and he is right on the money. He barely has to ever discipline students in his classes, as he could only recall only maybe a handful of times he had too throughout his career. His favorite part of teaching and the reason why he is so motivated is because, “I feel that I’m making a positive difference in society and that I love educating young adults about history and also getting them engaged in American History.”