Model student does it all

Anna Navarrete, Editor

How many of you are in a club and find it extremely stressful? Imagine being in over seven clubs, managing three sports teams, being involved with outside clubs on top of school work and being a role model for two younger siblings. Sound impossible? Raymond Wos ’16 manages to do it all. Wos is the manager of boys varsity soccer, girls varsity basketball, and boys varsity lacrosse. He says that managing these sports have made his high school career unforgettable, and he has had the best time doing it. He is also part of student council, The Patriot, PAWS and Young Life. Along with being editor in photography, executive officer in orchestra and much, much more.

Wos says that he started student council in freshman year, and has been a delegate since he started.

“It’s a lot to do. It gets really hectic but we get to wind down and it’s always really fun. I will treasure the memories I’ve made with my student council family for the rest of my life.”

PAWS is a club that was started last year. It is an animal welfare society. Wos says,

“It’s really fun. We raise money for cat and dog food and help out animals.”

Young Life is a club that Raymond takes part in outside of WTHS. It is a club where he gets together with other kids and they talk about today’s society and issues in the world.

One of the clubs that Wos is most happy that he joined is Photography. He says that he was inspired by his father and grandfather to join photography as well as photographer Alisha LeDonne. Wos wants to base his future in college around photography, as well as music. One of the biggest dreams he’s had since he was young, is to become a music teacher and hopefully have the effect on students that some of his teachers have had on him.

On top of all the activities that Wos is a part of, he is also a very loving and supportive older brother. Both of his younger brothers, Jonathan ‘18 and Brett Wos ’18 are sophmores at WTHS and they both say that Raymond is an intelligent, outgoing and hardworking person. They say he always strives to do new things and never gives up on something he loves.

You must be wondering how on earth he manages his time. Wos says,

“I can handle it very well. I’m used to it. I’ve been very involved since eighth grade. I’ve always wanted to be well known for my community service. Sometimes I get frustrated, but you just have to have time management skills.”

His advice for kids who don’t have time management skills or are a bit afraid to become more involved, is to jump over the hurdle and just do it.

“One of the most important things is to communicate with teachers. Having relationships with your teachers and club advisors will help so much. Talk to upperclassmen as well. See what you can handle, and don’t do anything you can’t handle or manage to fit into your schedule.”

Wos agrees that becoming more involved has made his high school experience so much better.

“I have absolutely no regrets. Time flies by, always try to have fun and make the best of it.”

Wos has a deep love for community service and has always wanted to be involved with his community. But he says he wants his legacy to live on further than just high school.

“I definitely want to come back and help with clubs and sports. I want to be remembered.”