Mr. November, 2021 – Joey McCrea

What would be your advice to underclassmen concerning high school?  

Get involved. I was barely involved my first two years of high school and I really regret it. It may seem “uncool” or whatever but trust me you’ll meet great people and have fun. 

If you could go back one year, what would you say to yourself pre-covid? 

Enjoy more time with your friends. Get outside. Exercise more. Live life. 

What’s your favorite pick-up line?  

If you were a transformer, you’d be Optimus Fine 😉 

If you could pick anyone besides you to win, who would it be? 

Joseph Mosco. He’s a great kid and has a great charity. I know him more than anyone and if it wasn’t me who won, I’d want it to be him. 

Why should we choose you to be Mr. Washington TWP 2021 

I feel like I’ve always had good relationships with everyone I’ve talked to at WTHS. Whether it be teachers, underclassmen, or people I’ve never met before. I’ve never counted anyone out as being “weird” and love getting to know people I’ve had classes with.  

What fictional character do you relate to the most 

Scott Lang (Ant Man) 

What is your hidden talent? 

Getting on the news and calling Julio Jones a bum after the Eagles beat the Falcons in the playoffs. 

How has the Mr. Washington Township nomination changed your (everyday) life? 

I’ve learned how to danceIt’s also been great to see people from school that I don’t get to see very often 

How do you want to be remembered at WTHS?  

Just as someone people enjoyed being around. I love making my classmates and teachers laugh and putting smiles on peoples’ faces.  

What’s your favorite movie?  

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. Unpopular choice, but I love the music, the comedy, the action, the plot, everything. The whole cast is great 

What was your favorite quarantine activity? 

Madden 20 connected franchise mode. My friends and I played everyday and we were hooked. Incase anyone wondered I was a 2x super bowl champion 

What quality about yourself do you love most? 

Being able to make friends quickly. It has made school so much better because whenever I thought I’d have nobody to talk to in my classes, it would wind up being so much fun. Shoutout Gabe Petro. First new friend I made in high school. 

If you could live anywhere besides the US, where would it be? 

Australia. It’s a complete madhouse and I think it’d be a fun place to live. I also want to box a kangaroo. 

What teacher/staff member at WTHS has had the most impact on your high school career?  

The GOAT Mr. Eppolite himself. Great guy overall and his class really helped prepare me for college 6 months from now. He was always respectful and had a good sense of humor. He also somehow survived having me and Joseph Mosco in the same class. 

If you could bring three things with you to a deserted island, what would they be?  

My phone, a router, and food/water. Survive as long as I can then call someone for rescue when my phone’s about to die. 

What are your aspirations and plans for after graduation?  

Graduate from Rutgers Business School and find a good paying job. Start a family. Buy a shore house. 

If you could create a class at WTHS what would it be? 

History of Rock ‘N’ Roll. So many rock bands have so many have interesting stories that people would enjoy learning about.  

What’s your favorite animal?  

Bengal Tiger. Beats a lion in a fight easily I don’t care what anyone has to say.  

What’s your favorite place to get food 

Chick-fil-a. The lord’s food has never failed me and I don’t think it ever will.  

What is the number one thing you look for in a significant other? 

Being able to trust them with anything. 

What is your go-to wawa order? 

Homestyle chicken bites and a strawberry banana body armor drink. Perfect meal. 

If you won a million dollars, what would you do? 

Invest in bitcoin with half of it and try to set up my family for generations to come. With the other half I’d donate to various charities that have important impacts.