Service club provides fun opportunities for students to give back

A graphic on the @TwpInteract Twitter page, outlining their meeting dates for the 2019-2020 school year.

Rebecca Capone '21

Imagine, its 2:00 in the morning and you’ve been dancing in the school gym for the past 11 hours. Running off sleep deprivation and adrenaline, you jump to the beat of the roaring music alongside all your friends. Suddenly you smell the most mouthwatering aroma fill the air. Its none other than the famous grilled cheese sandwiches cooked to a heavenly golden brown.

Sounds too good to be true huh? Well it’s not. This is an actual event here at the High School called Monzo Madness organized by the Interact Club. Monzo is an overnight dance marathon held to help raised money for the ALS Association. Participants get to have fun with their friends while helping others in need. This is just one of the many events the Interact Club hosts throughout the school year.

You might be asking yourself, “what is the interact club and why should I join”. That’s simple. Interact is a service club whose main goal is to provide opportunities for high school students to help those in need around the community. Meetings are the first Monday of each month where attendees discuss and plan events for the school. According to Mrs. Renzetti, the advisor of Interact for the past 11 years, students should join Interact because “any opportunity that you are able to help someone in need I believe is one of the most fulfilling feelings you can ever get and I think teaching young kids today that is very important.”

And opportunities are exactly what Interact offers. Events such as The Buddy Walk, Pacesetters Dance, The Blood Drive, Festival of Friends, The Mums Sale, and working the football concessions are all made available to members. Co-President Rachel Roda shared that there is nothing more satisfying than getting to dedicate your time to these events because they really make a difference.

When asked what’s the best part of being in Interact, Roda replied, “Giving back to the community and being able to experience new emotions like gratitude that you wouldn’t be able to experience outside of the club”.  Her counterpart and Co-President, KC VanMater, answered by saying, “I’ve always loved serving other people, and being in this club I’m able to not only do that but do It with others that care as well”.

If you’re like KC and Rachel and want to give back to your school and community while having fun, try joining Interact. Like Mrs. Renzetti said, nothing feels better than getting to help people in need.