New Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Kelleher

Thomas Tait '22

Kelleher stops for a photo after classes. Currently, she teaches both Geometry and Pre-Calc here at WTHS.

Felisha Trani '22, Lifestyles Editor

Back in a high school environment just four years after graduating from high school herself, Ms. Kelleher, WTHS’s new Geometry & Pre-Calc teacher, is tackling the job like a pro.

The role of high school math teacher at WTHS is fitting like a glove to our new teacher, and she credits her colleagues with helping her adjust so quickly. “Any new place can be overwhelming, but everyone has been super helpful with any questions I have,” said Kelleher.

Kelleher mentioned that she always knew she wanted to be a teacher, but not specifically a math teacher. After a crazy day of substitute teaching a 2nd grade class, she decided that the elementary level wasn’t for her and felt that high school was where she really belonged. Kelleher said she knew from the first interview here at Twp that she wanted to work here.

It is clear that Kelleher has a passion for teaching and is dedicated to her students’ success. She says that her most rewarding moments as a teacher so far is when she sees the lightbulb in her kids’ eyes light up…that’s when she knows it’s all worth it.

Outside of the classroom, Kelleher enjoys hanging out with friends, being outside and doing crafty things. When she’s not hiking, grading papers or making lesson plans, she’s watching her favorite shows: Rick and Morty, The Office, and It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

When asked what piece of advice she would give to high school students she said that she wants students to realize that the quiz or test they fail won’t ruin everything, and everything they’re stressing over now, probably won’t matter after high school. “There are bigger fish to fry,” she says.