Varsity football season concludes in first round exit against Hillsborough

Thomas Tait '22

The team gathers after one of their hard-fought wins during the season.

Thomas Tait '22, Editor-in-Chief

The Washington Township Minutemen football season recently came to a close after a 28-7 playoff loss to Hillsborough. The team, led by 2nd year Head Coach Mike Schatzman, finished the year with a 3-7 record.

The season included many bright spots, indicating a brighter future ahead for the Washington Township football program.

Decisive wins over Eastern (41-22) and Egg Harbor Township (22-0) both illuminated a potentially brighter future ahead.

Additionally, players such as Sophomore running back Jo’Nathan Silver and Junior wide receivers Jaden Allen and Bryce Kraemer all had excellent seasons. They will all be back next season looking to continue their path of upward development.

Furthermore, the Washington Township freshman football team was able to complete another undefeated season, providing another crop of promising underclassmen talent.

Despite the promising moments, there were some moments to forget. Including a 51-6 loss to Cherokee in Week 1, Township also had tough losses to Holy Spirit (41-17), Williamstown (33-0), and Hammonton (31-14).

It was an up and down season, but with lots to learn from and plenty to look forward to, the future is bright for the Washington Township Minutemen.