D’Angelo Delgado classmate interview

Emily Faust, Patriot Staff Writer

Being a senior in High School means it’s time to start figuring out who you want to be as a person. It’s time to realize what matters most to you in life and it is time to decide how your choices will shape you into hopefully a person you wouldn’t mind being. Most students take their time answering these pressing questions asked of them. Senior D’Angelo Delgado-Sanchez ‘17 is one of these people. He knows exactly who he is, what he wants, and who he plans to be; and without any hesitation.

To begin, Delgado has a very interesting fascination with different cultures. Raised in Puerto Rico, he plans on exploring some of those cultures in depth someday. Major countries including Japan and Greece are on Delgado’s radar. He plans on visiting these places in particular due to the incredible weather and the history of each ancient civilization. To commemorate Delgado’s love for culture itself, he has a tattoo on his left shoulder that not many people know about.

The people who have made it possible for him to experience these passions are his abundant family. Delgado has four other siblings; his adopted brother William, and his sisters Annais, Lainy, and Aubrey. If they weren’t enough, he also has a pet dog named Happy about whom Delgado is not too happy.

He said, “I despise him because I wasn’t ready to give up my previous dog.”

Delgado gets along with his family as well. Well enough to have some family traditions since moving here to the United States including traveling to Six Flags for the day to spend time riding roller-coasters, eating good food, and taking a break from the pressures of life.

Along with spending time with his family which is considered extremely important to him, Delgado also looks for certain qualities in his friends. He looks for people who are caring, honest, and understanding.

He said, “Many people try to be all three of these qualities, but nobody’s perfect.”

While Delgado is very family oriented, he also is very studious. Before moving to the United States, his favorite subject was English. He did well in that class and had top marks; that is until he moved.

“Now it’s History,” he says. To him, U.S. History is the most interesting. Delgado is adamant on attending Rowan University. He loves the campus, the education offered to students, and the fact that he can stay within arm’s reach of his family.

Although Delgado seems to have a lot on his plate due to school and family time, he also has a lot of interests and hobbies that have made him who his is. Some of his hobbies include writing and reading, but he writes more as a pastime than he does for any real purpose.

He also is naturally good at memorizing facts such as the capitals of states, continents, etc… Delgado even has an unnatural talent described as contorting his shoulders into weird shapes.

He said, “I mostly do it to freak out my sisters.”

While he feels he lacks musical talent and does not play any instruments, he does have an immense passion for music. “I hope to be musically inclined one day,” he says about the subject. The closest he’s gotten has been a guitar class that didn’t end up the way he had originally planned. Delgado has a unique taste in music. He likes soft rock, hard rock, and heavy metal. As a kid, Delgado was different in his taste of music. “My music choices helped get rid of those frustrations.” It’s clear how much music means to D’Angelo because he loves all genres. “[songs] are all too good”. One song to describe him would be Resurrect the Sun by Black Veil Brides. He connects with being in a dark place that’s hard to get out of sometimes, but he explains it perfectly, saying “just like the sun, there is always hope for tomorrow.”