Dancing the night away

Bria Lamonica, Editor-in-Cheif

The annual freshman-sophomore dance left many students leaving the Washington with heavy, tired footsteps, stars in their eyes, and memories in their hearts. The dance was a memorable one, with loud music, Shirley temples, a photo booth, and a buffet-style dinner.

“The dance was unforgettable. Spending time with my friends and dancing the night away was a great way to kick-off the weekend.” Adrienne Brookstein ‘18 said. “The music was dancey and fun, and the people made the dance something special.”

The dance lasted from 7-11 on Feb. 12, and the dress was semi-formal with everyone’s own unique ways of making the night unforgettable.

“It was so much fun to be with my friends and dance the night away.” Kylie Finnigan’16 said.

Even though the weather called for long sleeves and pants, that didn’t stop the freshman and sophomore girls from spending, the time to pick out beautiful dresses for the event.

“My favorite part of going to school dances is buying the dress! It is so much fun to get all your friends together and pick out the perfect dresses, and it wasn’t any different this time around.” Brookstein ‘18 said. “Walking in, the feeling of confidence and excitement from wearing an amazing dress can never be replaced or recreated.”

The dinner consisted of roast beef and pork sandwiches, corndogs, mozzarella sticks, and other popular dinner items, and the desert was a make-your-own Sunday bar. The music was upbeat and the Dj kept the crowd pumped all night.

“I loved the music and being able to take a break and go get something to eat and sit down with my friends.” Mads Campbell ‘18 said.

Brookstein said, “The music was nonstop, I couldn’t bring myself to stop dancing and rest even when my feet were about to fall off, most people were up dancing all night.”

Administers and even the principal Anne Moore came out to enjoy the special night with the students, and yearbook photographer spent the night snapping away pictures for keepsake memories.

“This was the best dance I have ever been to. It couldn’t have been more fun! Even the teachers who chaperoned were dancing with us.” Gabby Irwin ‘19 said.

The freshman-sophomore dance hasn’t always been combined, starting 2 years ago the dance included freshman and sophomores together, instead of 2 separate dances.

“ I really liked that it was combined, there were more people there which made the dance fun. It had a great turnout and the variety of age groups there proved to make the night more interesting and exciting.” Brookstein said.