Column Idea Proposal

Dear editors of the Patriot,

I have an idea that I would like to propose for a new column in the Patriot. This new idea should teach kids how to eat good foods and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Usually kids and teens eat very unhealthy. The first thing they want to do as soon as they get home from school is munch on unhealthy food like potato chips and cookies. But what if there was a way we could convince kids to eat better through this weekly column in the Patriot.

This column would be called “Fun Teen Nutrition”. In this column I would like to feature some interesting facts about diet and nutrition to help our teens and kids learn how to eat healthier. Something I also think would be very creative and interesting is to add some recipes to the column. These recipes could teach kids and teens to make healthy food all by themselves. Each week we would have three new recipes that are healthy, easy, and fun to make. Kids and teens could get there friends or parents to assist them in making these recipes and I just think it would be a very creative and new idea to the school newspaper that would maybe get kids who go to the school to start reading the school newspaper more often.

Within the first three weeks of the column, I would like to do many recipes and things like that. Especially with Halloween coming up, I would like to do some Halloween related healthy recipes. I think would be a great and exciting idea that kids could do with their families. All in all I think this idea would be something new and great for the school newspaper. I have many new and bright ideas on recipes for this column. It would be such an honor to do this and I