Monzo Madness

Monzo+Madness

Bria Lamonica '17, Editor In Chief

There is always some kind of fun event here at Washington Township High School. There are fun dances, charity events, and sport events. Many clubs here at Washington Township High School also host events. For example, every year Interact club hosts “Monzo Madness.” Interact is a very popular club with lots of participating students, one of the biggest club here at Washington Township High School.

Students love participating in “Monzo Madness” every year. When the date is set for the event and tickets are ready to be sold there are lines out in the hallways with students waiting to purchase their tickets.

Everyone loves “Monzo Madness” because first all it is for a great cause and participants get to dance all night with their friends. It is like one big sleepover at the high school. It is an 18 hour dance party to benefit the local victims of Lou Gehrig’s disease which is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and it is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.

This year the Washington Township High School Interact Club will be hosting the 13th annual “Monzo Madness.” Throughout the 13 years of this event it has been very successful and helpful to those in need.

The rules for “Monzo Madness” are the participating students sign up as couples and raise a minimum of one hundred dollars to participate in this event. The dancing starts at 2:30pm after school on Friday, Jan.15 of 2016 in the 11-12 wing gym. “Monzo Madness” will continue until 8:00am on Saturday, Jan. 16. The other rule is to dance and have fun! This year the Washington Township Education Foundation has donated around $3,000 to the cause. This will help cover the t-shirts costs for this year’s participants for the “Monzo Madness” event.

So far over 500 students who have pre-registered for “Monzo Madness” and have already raised over $25,000 for the research which will be donated to the National ALS Foundation. This will bring Washington Township High School’s donation total to over $220,000.

If anyone is interested in making any donations to this great cause checks are made payable to the Washington Township High School Interact Fund.