Marissa Huynh

What is the charity you chose to represent?
The ASPCA because I strongly believe in putting an end to animal abuse and neglect. Animals are such loving and harmless creatures and should never have to be victims of cruelty.

Why do you best represent WTHS?
WTHS embodies the concepts of friendship, service, and community. These three themes are things I have tried my best to personify throughout my three years at this school, and I have worked hard to be an active member of both WTHS and my community. (I also have a lot of t- shirts and sweatshirts that have “TWP” on them…does that count?)

If you could pick anyone beside yourself to win, who would it be?
NADIA!! Nadia is the funniest and quirkiest girl I have ever met and makes me laugh so hard on a daily basis. She is the best at referencing memes and she also scores field hockey goals in the last 20 seconds of games!! (she also plays a mean fiddle! Go Twp orch!)

Favorite food?
I love eating everything but my favorite foods are cheeseburgers and chicken alfredo.

What has been one of the most memorable aspects of your high school experience?
I am incredibly fortunate to have so many memorable aspects of my high school experience. From being in volleyball, basketball, orchestra, different clubs, and by going to so many different school events throughout my 3 years, I was lucky to create such incredible memories that I will remember for a lifetime. Every person that I have met through high school has helped create such a huge impact on my life, and I am very thankful for all of the friends that I have around me.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My height. Being 5’2 and having to look up at everyone you talk to gets pretty sad after a while and will probably give me back problems in the future!

If you could change one thing about the world you live in, what would it be?
I feel like there is too much hatred in our world. Each day in life is not guaranteed, so you might as well be nice to someone today, while you still have a today. A small act of kindness for another person can go a long way. (Also if I could change something else I would bring back vine thank u)

What advice would you give to underclassmen about high school? About life?
This sounds very cliché, but I can’t stress enough how important it is to get involved in everything our school offers. I feel very grateful to be apart of a school that gives its students the opportunity to participate in such a wide variety of activities, all of which helped me create so many new friends and memories. High school is the fastest four years of your life, so try your best to enjoy every second of it!

What are your plans and goals for after high school?
My goal after high school is to major in science in order to eventually apply to dental school.

What teacher or faculty member has made the biggest impact on your high school career?
All of my teachers have definitely provided me with some kind of wisdom that I will carry out into the real world. Mr. Holmes is one of the teachers who has helped me so much throughout my high school career and has provided me with a new perspective on the study of chemistry. He showed me that science can be both challenging and interesting, and has helped to ease my worries about majoring in the science field.

Who in your life has had the biggest influence on you?
My sister Emily has had the biggest influence on me. She helps me in every form possible and I can always count on her to be there for me. She also laughs with me when no one else will. (and washes the dishes for me if I am too lazy)

What is one thing you cannot live without?
Twitter threads of vines.

What is something about you that most people do not know?
When I was born I had red hair (which my parents thought was really weird) so they shaved it and it grew back black.

Describe yourself in three words.
Bad at parking.