Alexa Liss

What is the charity you chose to represent?
I chose to represent the charity “Musicians on Call”. This charity funds small private performances in hospitals for people that can’t leave their rooms on their own, and rarely ever get the pleasure of music or young company. The gift of music is one of the greatest gifts you can give, and being able to bring happiness into a hospital with music is something that I think needs to be done all around the world. I have performed in several different nursing homes in and around the community, and there is no greater feeling for a performer or a patient than the pure happiness that is felt when sharing a song.

Why do you best represent WTHS?
I best represent WTHS because I represent so many different aspects of the school. I am a varsity athlete as well as an actress, and I am involved in as many clubs as I have time for. I volunteer around the town constantly and I try to be as involved as possible in everything that I can be. WTHS is a world full of opportunities and I am happy to take advantage of all of them.

What is your favorite pick up line?
“How you doin’?”- Joey Tribbiani

If you could pick anyone beside yourself to win, who would it be?
I would pick Lizzie. I have known Lizzie since we were kids, and she is one of the sweetest girls I know. I know she would truly appreciate winning, and I think she deserves it.

Favorite food?
Pumpkin pie

Favorite movie?
The Blind Side

Favorite music artist?
John Mayer

What has been your most embarrassing moment at WTHS?
I’ve had a lot of embarrassing moments but for some reason I can’t think of a lot of them right now, so I guess I’d have to say that it was being a plate in the school’s production of “Beauty and the Beast”… and having to wear my costume to school.

What has been one of the most memorable aspects of your high school experience?
The musicals have been some of the best memories and most unforgettable experiences in my life. “Grease” and “In the Heights” were two of the best productions that I have ever been a part of, and the great people I have met along the way have made it so much better. Senior Directed Cabaret is another one that I will never forget, each year the show just keeps getting better and better; I can’t wait for this year’s. I have met some of my best friends through the drama program, and I hope that they are people I will stay in touch with for the rest of my life.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish that I was a good dancer. I look pretty bad next to all the other girls during our dance and it’s honestly very embarrassing.
If you could change one thing about the world you live in, what would it be?
I would make the FRIENDS “The One After 10 Years” a real thing as well as High School Musical 4.

What advice would you give to underclassmen about high school? About life?
Get involved, and take advantage of every opportunity you are given. WTHS is such a big school, and there is so much to do and so many people to meet. You never know what you will learn from an activity, who you will meet, or where it will take you. Make time for what is important, and if you love to do something never give it up.

What are your plans and goals for after high school?
I plan on going to college, hopefully in a city where I will study to be a speech and language pathologist. I will also continue to sing and perform wherever I am, and try to incorporate music into my everyday life as much as I can. My goal is to help those in need. I want to bring people happiness and learn from each and every encounter I face.

What teacher or faculty member has made the biggest impact on your high school career?
The entire staff at WTHS has helped me get to where I am today, but two of the biggest influences were Mr. Byatt and Mrs. Molotsky. The two of them have taught me so much about life and about myself, and I can’t thank them enough for that. I have bothered them with so many questions and concerns, whether it be about a song I am singing or a college application. They are so patient and kind, and I am so lucky to have them in my life.

Who in your life has had the biggest influence on you?
My mom’s best friend, Dorothy, has had the biggest influence on me. Since I was a little girl she has been taking me to NYC, bringing me to shows, on boat rides, and teaching me so much about the world around me. She has dedicated her life to helping others, and I have never met a single child that does not adore her. She lights up any room wherever she is, and I can only hope that I will be half as good a person as she is.

What is one thing you cannot live without?
I could not live without music. It is a part of me and everything I do: why I get excited or why I get sad, how I get focused or what helps me relax. I really don’t think I could survive without it.

What is something about you that most people do not know?
I cry every time I watch the last episode of FRIENDS.

Describe yourself in three words.

Ambitious, compassionate, musical

If you could bring one person, thing, and appliance to a deserted island, what would it be?
I would bring a lighter to start a fire, s’mores to cook over the fire, and probably my Aunt because she’s creative enough to come up with ways to get food and hopefully get us out of there.

What has been the best part about being on the Homecoming Court?
I have loved getting to know all the girls on court and creating memories with them. Being on with some of my best friends while making so many new ones has been such a great experience, and I don’t want it to end.