Lexi Bythrow

What is the charity you chose to represent?

The charity I chose to represent was The American Brain Tumor Association. I chose this association because both my best friend from third grade and my moms’ best friend were diagnosed with brain tumors in the last 4 years. It was a struggle watching two people so close to my family have to deal with such a traumatic experience. In honor of Emily, and Lisa I chose a non-profit organization that wants to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors, with the goal of saving the lives of many other people affected by this diagnosis.

Why do you best represent WTHS?

I best represent WTHS because I am involved in many clubs, and attend many school functions and events. I feel like high school is what you make of it, and getting involved is the best way to a have great high school experience.

What is your favorite pick up line?

On a scale of 1-10, you’re a 9, and I’m the 1 you need 😉

If you could pick anyone besides yourself to win, who would it be?

All 11 girls that were nominated have such amazing personalities and good hearts, it’s hard to pick just one. They’re all queens in my book, and I can’t wait to go on this journey with them.

Favorite food?

Chicken cutlet sandwich

Favorite movie?

There’s no such thing as just one favorite movie. But, How to Lose A Guy in 10 days, and 50 First Dates are up there though.

Favorite music artist?

I never have an answer to this, but I always seem to answer with Adele. So, Adele.

What has been your most embarrassing moment at WTHS?

The amount of times I’ve fell up and down the stairs in school is so embarrassing. I need a permanent elevator pass for being clumsy.

What has been one of the most memorable aspects of your high school experience?

I love that our school is so big. Because of our size, there are more opportunities to get involved and meet new people. I have made so many incredible memories with so many different people, and they’re memories that will last forever,

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet. I’m considering applying to different schools for different majors because I just can’t make up my mind. So, I would definitely change that about myself.

If you could change one thing about the world you live in, what would it be?

It would be to get rid of poverty. There are so many poverty-stricken countries around the world and it breaks my heart. Every person should have an equal opportunity to be successful in life, and poor people don’t. It’s unfortunate and if I could, I would want to help all those people. Everyone deserves a chance at a better life.

What advice would you give to underclassmen about high school? About life?

Whether your underclassman or not, be nice to everyone. You never know what someone’s going through, so it’s always best to spread kindness.

What are your plans and goals for after high school?

After I graduate I plan on attending a 4-year college. I want to major in media studies, and hopefully, one day become an anchorwoman or field reporter.

What teacher or faculty member has made the biggest impact on your high school career?

My business and personal law teacher Mrs. Olivo has had a huge impact on my High School career. She is one of those teachers that is personable but also pushes you to do your best. Mrs. Olivo understands that we are high school students, and sometimes things happen and she gets that. I love and miss her class, but I’ll always remember her as a teacher.

Who in your life has had the biggest influence on you?

I have so many amazing people in my life, but my Grandmom has had one of the biggest influences on me. Every time I go to her for advice she always knows the right thing to say and how to say it. She is so self-less and that’s what I admire most about her. She puts everyone else in front of herself, and I am so lucky to have her in my life. Her heart is full of pure love.

What is one thing you can not live without?

My mom’s not a thing, but I definitely cannot live without her. She is my #1 fan, and best friend, and I would not be where I am today without her. Hopefully one day I am half of the woman she is.

What is something about you that most people do not know?

I can make a four-leaf clover with my tongue.

Describe yourself in three words.

Outgoing, Motivated, and Compassionate.

If you could bring one person, thing, and appliance to a deserted island, what would it be?

If I had to pick one person to be deserted on an island with it’d be Julia Griggs. We could make anything fun, even if it is waiting for a rescue team that’s never coming. I love my bed, so that is 100% coming with me. And I guess I’d bring a knife as my appliance. Hopefully I’m never stuck on an island because I wouldn’t do very well.

What has been the best part about being on the Homecoming Court?

Becoming close with all the other girls. We all bonded immediately, and I can’t wait to go on this adventure with them. I will always remember this amazing opportunity with these amazing girls.